ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Thread: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Default ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Greetings,<BR><BR>I was wondering if anyone could help me trouble shoot this problem.<BR><BR>I am trying to connect to an access database so that I can add a new record to the DB. However, when I submit my form with the new info, I get this error...<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0cb3&#039; Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.<BR><BR>The line this error points to is the one that contains the "AddNew" method.<BR><BR>I&#039;ll include the code so you can see what I dealing with...<BR>Just so you understand the situation, I want this page to display the contents of my DVD collection. If the request page sends in any new titles, then I want to add them to the database, and then I want to display the contents on the screen.<BR>Thanks in advance for your help.<BR><BR>Code Begins Here...<BR><BR>If Request.Form("Title") &#060;&#062; "" then<BR>set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _<BR> "DBQ=C:My DocumentsDVD.mdb"<BR>objConn.Open<BR><BR>set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en "Movies",objConn,,,adCmdTable<BR><BR>objRS.Add New &#060;---------------------&#039;this is the error line <BR>objRS("Title") = Request.Form("title")<BR>objRS("Year") = Request.Form("year")<BR>objRS("Star") = Request.Form("star")<BR>objRS("Support") = Request.Form("support")<BR>objRS("Genre") = Request.Form("genre")<BR>objRS("Director") = Request.Form("director")<BR>objRS.Update <BR><BR>objRS.Close <BR>Set objRS = nothing<BR><BR>objConn.Close <BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR>End if<BR><BR><BR><BR>set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _<BR> "DBQ=C:My DocumentsDVD.mdb"<BR> <BR>objConn.Open <BR><BR>set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en "Movies",objConn,,,adCmdTable<BR><BR>Do While Not objRS.EOF <BR>Response.Write "&#060;b&#062;" & objRS("Title") & "&#060;/b&#062;"<BR>Response.Write objRS("Year") & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write objRS("Star") & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write objRS("Support") & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write objRS("Genre") & "<BR>"<BR>Response.Write objRS("Director") & "&#060;p&#062;"<BR><BR>objRS.MoveNext <BR>Loop<BR><BR>objRS.Close <BR>set objRS = Nothing<BR><BR>objConn.Close <BR>Set objConn = Nothing

Default RE: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'

Uh looks like you may be using a readonly cursor... <BR>Try this...<BR><BR>objRS.Open "Movies",objConn,adOpenKeySet,adLockOptimistic,adC mdTable