Hi all, long time no post here, but hey I&#039;m back. And I&#039;m well and truly stumped on this little problem...Check out the code below...it prints from a VBScript file (i eventually want to get it to print to Adobe Acrobat to avoid using postscript files!), but for some reason it won&#039;t print. <BR><BR>the code is fine, and it does print (ahem), but only once i have printed a document from an application (like notepad). Does this suggest that I haven&#039;t closed the connections to the printer properly or what?<BR><BR>any help would be great,<BR><BR>Yours, Jonny Tooze<BR><BR>CODE +==================================<BR><BR><BR>Dim strPrinterPath &#039;Form value for Network Path to Printer<BR>Dim strMessage &#039;Form value for Message to Print<BR>Dim objFS &#039;VBScript File System Object<BR>Dim objWSHNet &#039;Windows Scripting Host Network Object<BR>Dim objPrinter &#039;Printer Object to stream text to<BR><BR>strPrinterPath = "\MYServerMyPrinter"<BR>strMessage = inputbox("Enter String to print", "Printer")<BR><BR><BR>Set objWSHNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")<BR>objWSHNet.AddPr interConnection "LPT1", strPrinterPath, False<BR><BR><BR>Set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>Set objPrinter = objFS.CreateTextFile("LPT1:", True)<BR>objPrinter.Write(strMessage)<BR>objPrinte r.Close<BR><BR><BR>objWSHNet.RemovePrinterConnecti on "LPT1:"<BR><BR>Set objWSHNet = Nothing<BR>Set objFS = Nothing<BR>Set objPrinter = Nothing