Connection string required

Thread: Connection string required

Default Connection string required

Hi i am trying to publish a web on a remote webserver. <BR><BR>I am using a mdb database . What confuses me is how to set the connection string to look at the fpdb folder and not at a spesific filepath . Please Rectify the connection string below .<BR><BR><BR><BR>dim cls,crs,data<BR>DATA = "SELECT * FROM Master ORDER by Surname"<BR>set cls = createobject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>cls.Open "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=C:My Documents elephone.mdb" <BR>Set crs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>crs.Open DATA ,cls

Default RE: Connection string required

You can also use a connect.txt file for database connection. The Syntax will look like this --<BR><BR>&#060;% Set Con=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Con .Open("Driver={SQL Server}; Server=yourservername;uid=sa;pwd=;DATABASE=databas ename")%&#062;<BR><BR>copy and paste this into a notepad and save it as connect.txt<BR><BR>After this you don&#039;t have to write the code again just include this file whenever you want to establish a connection.

Default Look up

server.mappath or look in the FAQS. This is a very common question.<BR><BR>Pete