Joining Tables

Thread: Joining Tables

Default Joining Tables

I have search/results/detail pages where a user can search the database, is given a results page of matches, and is linked to the detail page upon selecting one of the matches. The detail page must display data from two separate tables therefore I have to join them in the SQL statement. However, I get an error page whenever I choose one of the matches on the results page and try to go to the detail page to view more info about that record.<BR><BR>Request object error &#039;ASP 0102 : 80004005&#039; <BR>Expecting string input <BR>The function expects a string as input.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the code for the SQL statement: <BR>&#060;% <BR>Dim rsDetail__varAdNum <BR>rsDetail__varAdNum = Request.QueryString(MM_paramName)&#060;&#062;""<BR >set rsDetail = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>rsDetail.ActiveConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=E:SullivanBrettKnowles_comwebdatabaseProper ties.mdb" <BR>rsDetail.Source = "SELECT PropertiesFull.*, Photos.Photo1, Photos.Photo2, Photos.Photo3, Photos.Photo4, Photos.Photo5 FROM PropertiesFull, Photos WHERE Photos.AdNum = PropertiesFull.AdNum AND PropertiesFull.AdNum = " + Replace(rsDetail__varAdNum, "&#039;", "&#039;&#039;") + "" <BR>rsDetail.CursorType = 0 <BR>rsDetail.CursorLocation = 2 <BR>rsDetail.LockType = 3 <BR>rsDetail.Open() <BR>rsDetail_numRows = 0 <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>MM_paramName is the parameter being passed from the results page to the detail page (I am using UltraDev). I searched the MSN Knowledge Base but there is no further explanation on what this error (ASP 0102) is caused by. Any ideas? I think it is related to the parameter I am passing from the results page to the detail page. <BR>

Default RE: Joining Tables

obviously the variable MM_paramName doesn&#039;t hold a string value. can&#039;t help any further than that on the info you provided.<BR><BR>j<BR><BR>[Microsoft MVP]