Problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject

Thread: Problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject

Default Problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject

I have created an asp module where i am writing to a text file. The <BR>syntax used is :<BR><BR>Set FileObj=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <BR>Set File = FileObj.CreateTextFile(FileName, True)<BR>Details = Request.Form("Details")<BR>File.Write(projDetails) <BR>File.Close<BR>Set FileObj = Nothing<BR>Set ResumeFile = Nothing<BR><BR>The variable FileName contains the correct filePath and the value is <BR>obteained as follows.<BR>rootPath= Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH")<BR>F ileName = rootPath & "temp est.txt"<BR><BR>It works fine on my local server. but when i try running the script on <BR>the internet, i get an error :-<BR>Permission Denied<BR><BR>I am not able to understand why i am getting the permission denied <BR>message, since, i was able to create the temp directory (under which i <BR>am creating my text file) on my internet website where i am assured of <BR>full access to my files by the webmaster.<BR><BR><BR>I have also tried using <BR><BR>Set FileObj=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemO bject")<BR><BR>but I get the error<BR><BR>Server.CreateObject failed<BR><BR>Any help appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Hitesh Kapadia

Rokea Guest

Default RE: Problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject

I dont know if its the case, but i had a problem once which i solved by calling the administrator where i had my web site:<BR><BR>I had full access (delete upload download read write..) on all my files, but on my web pages, i could not upload (using an asp component) files. The problem is that there are "personnal" and "public" rights. You probably have all the personnel rights since you said you have full access to everything, but i think that the problem is that the public rights are read-only on the directory you wish to write to.<BR><BR>this in fact is normal, since we dont want, by default, public users to be able to write things in all of our directorys/subdirectories on our web space without us knowing!<BR><BR>Try to call the Admin and ask him to check out the public rights on the corresponding directorys.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Rokea