Greetings,<BR><BR>I am currently in the proccess of locking down one of our servers. I<BR>currently have NT4.0 SP6a + Hotfixes to date, MDAC 2.6 and ISS 4.0<BR>installed. I have configured it so that the system and admin account only<BR>has access to the hardrives and the IUSR account has specific permissions so<BR>that IIS can run properly. Also I have applied various ACL&#039;s to the registry<BR>so the security is a bit tighter. Now it would seem that DSN&#039;less<BR>connections and any other type do not work properly (see error below) ie<BR>when I use Server.MapPath to access a mdb in the filesystem. I have applied<BR>the correct permissions to the directory containing the MDB but it still<BR>refuses to work.<BR><BR>I am assuming that I have missed out some ACL&#039;s somewhere either in the<BR>registry or in the c:program FilesCommon FilesSystem dir ( maybe<BR>somewhere else too? ) I was wondering if anyone knows the correct<BR>permissions to assign so that ODBC works correctly?<BR><BR>The current permissions on the above stated directory are -<BR>Have been made recursive<BR>System and Admin - Full<BR>Iusr_servername - Read<BR><BR>Also I have checked the reg key HKEYLM/software/odbc and made sure that the<BR>everyone group has full permissions on all the keys in it and below it. But<BR>it still refuses to run I&#039;ve checked on MSDN and well as usal I cant seem to<BR>find a thing.<BR><BR>Well I did find a article on the error below but MS advises to check your<BR>permissions ( well I would if I knew what they were suppose to be! )<BR><BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR><BR>Unspecified error<BR><BR>/dbtest/asp/, line 6<BR><BR>This is the information inside the test web&#039;s<BR> Line 6 refers to the which is the part where I assume it is going<BR>wrong.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR> Dim Conn, dbPath<BR> dbPath = "G: est_content est_webpublic_htmldbtestdb est.mdb"<BR> Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> Conn.Open "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0; DATA SOURCE=" & dbPath<BR><BR> Const HomePath = "G: est_content est_webpublic_htmldbtest\"<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>A ny clues, hints or visions most appreciated<BR><BR>Best regards<BR>Doug<BR>