ASP + Database forms

Thread: ASP + Database forms

Default ASP + Database forms

Please Help<BR><BR>I am trying to create a shopping cart but I cannot figure out how to do one part. I am displaying each customers orders in a table. I have the quantity column in a text box so that they can change the quantity and I also have an update and delete button at the end of each row (order) so the user can update/delete each individual order.<BR><BR>Now my problem is I don&#039;t know how to get these buttons to work. ie make it so they only update/delete the corrasponding order. <BR><BR>Could someone please help or at least just point me in the right direction.<BR>

Default RE: ASP + Database forms

u will be generating the rows for the orders in the html using asp right? so when u generate the row, pass the id of order to the href as querystring of the button like<BR><BR>&#060;input type="button" name="blah" onClick="location.href=&#039;updateorder.asp?id=&# 060;%response.write rs("orderid")%&#062;&#039;"&#062;<BR><BR>so when this button is cliked, u can retrieve the [particular id as querystring in the updateorder page and do whatever u wnat...