Network Access database connection

Thread: Network Access database connection

Jim Boyer Guest

Default Network Access database connection

Hi,<BR><BR>I am having problems connecting to an Access database that is located on<BR>another server than the IIS server. I have created a global IUSR account<BR>and used it as the anonymous account on the IIS server. I have also<BR>given that local account local log on priviledges. The global IUSR account<BR>has change rights both on the share and the directory where the Access<BR>database resides, it has read everywhere else. I have checked the path<BR>many times and still cannot find the problem. Below is a simple script<BR>that I am using to test the connection. I have included the error message<BR>that I receive when I try to connect. Does anybody have any suggestions on<BR>how to solve this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks for all of your help.<BR><BR>Jim Boyer<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>----------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&#060;%@ Language="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>&#039******************* *****************<BR>&#039 testdb.asp<BR>&#039 test program for network Access database file access<BR>&#039*********************************** *<BR><BR>Option Explicit<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>Response.Buffer = True<BR><BR><BR>Sub Main<BR><BR> dim db, rs, str1<BR><BR> set db = server.createobject( "adodb.connection" )<BR><BR> "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" _<BR> & "Dbq=\Cru23WWWrootjboyerPartnershippartnership.mdb ;Uid=;Pwd="<BR><BR> set rs = db.Execute( "select * from partners" )<BR><BR> rs.close<BR> db.close<BR><BR> set db = nothing<BR><BR>End Sub<BR><BR><BR>&#039****************************** <BR>&#039 Main<BR>&#039******************************<BR>Mai n<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R>================================================ ==========<BR>ERROR MESSAGE<BR>======================================= ===================<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened<BR>exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR><BR>/jboyer/Script/testdb.asp, line 20<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Jim Boyer Guest

Default RE: Network Access database connection

I found the answer myself. MS Q180815 says it is a know MS bug with IIS 4. The solution they give is to put the mdb on the IIS server. Thanks M$ for nothing!!!