real-time graphing

Thread: real-time graphing

geeoff Guest

Default real-time graphing

I want to display data to users on an x-y plot (on an ASP page) as in comes into my Oracle db. Has anyone done this before??<BR><BR>-geeoff

Mark Guest

Default RE: real-time graphing

One easy method is to use third party components.<BR>Third party components must be purchased and registered on the web server. Database queries (SQL) can be run against a database, the recordset results can be graphically displayed using third party components. Checkout (ChartFX), or (ASPChart).<BR><BR>Also, recordset result could be saved to a pre-established range in an Excel file using ADO Provider for Excel. This Excel file would already have an a-y plot chart established. you then could simply direct the client to view the Excel file via a hyper link. this of course, requires that the client have MS Excel installed on their pc, or at least an MS Excel viewer.

If you set your page to expire and refresh every five seconds, you could use html to display a dot graph. In the page, you can use full stops and place them on an X-Y co-ordinate.<BR><BR>&#060;div style="position:absolute; top:200; left: 200;"&#062;.&#060;/div&#062;<BR>&#060;div style="position:absolute; top:187; left: 210;"&#062;.&#060;/div&#062;<BR><BR>Using these divs like this, you could plot a graph of dots.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Matthew

Rokea Guest

In my opinion, the best way of doing this would be like this:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Rokea