Zindex of a list box

Thread: Zindex of a list box

Dan Adams Guest

Default Zindex of a list box

I created a floating toolbar and assigned a zindex of 2. The toolbar works properly over every section of the page, except the list boxes (on those, it floats behind them). Are the list boxes always assumed to be on a higher zindex or is there something else that I am over-looking? If my assumption IS correct, what can I do about that? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default RE: Zindex of a list box

Not so much a complete answer, but I believe you are correct in assuming some objects have a higher index. I know that zOrder in VB holds certain objects at a higher level than others regardless of what you assign it. Only objects within that heirarcy can be placed above it. The ways around it in VB is to place the lower level object within a higher level ojbect. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in here. I&#039m just learning VB.

Dan Adams Guest

Default RE: Zindex of a list box (PLEASE HELP!)

It&#039s me again, posting a reply to my own question. If there is anyone out there that can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it...(please check original question)