Milk and.....COOKIES!

Thread: Milk and.....COOKIES!

Kentium Guest

Default Milk and.....COOKIES!

Ok...I was playing around with the script from this FAQ-<BR><BR><BR><BR>I&#039;m setting my cookie values like this-<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("ImgIndex") = randompc<BR><BR>The aforementioned cookie script sez this-<BR><BR>"The Name of the Cookie is: ImgIndex<BR> No Keys in this cookie."<BR><BR>Do I need to do something like-<BR><BR>Response.Cookies.Key("ImgIndex") = randompc<BR><BR>in order to make it work?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default Where...

Are you setting the value of randompc?

Kentium Guest

Default RE: Where...

randompc is set earlier in the script using a random number generator.<BR><BR>That&#039;s working ok...I can response.write randompc and a random number.

Default Well...

as I&#039;m sure you know, the *key* gives you access to the *item* which holds the *value*. (I have to admit I&#039;m being too lazy to look at the example your trying to use in your referenced link, so just shoot me if I&#039;m off here).<BR><BR>An example:<BR>&#060;% Response.Cookie("Preferences")("BackgroundColor") = "Black" %&#062;<BR>Where, Preferences is the item associated with the BackgroundColor key.<BR><BR>If you are getting no keys in this cookie, I would guess that indicates the cookie is not just a string, rather set up as a dictionary, with keys and items, so you are missing a parameter.