Major FSO Problem

Thread: Major FSO Problem

Default Major FSO Problem

I have an NT 4.0 server (well, a client&#039;s server) on which anytime I create a FileSystemObject in ASP and then try to run one of its methods (e.g. create a text file), IE just hangs when I call the just endlessly pretends to be loading. There is also a system beep from the server but no error is logged, anywhere. Here is what I know the problem ISN&#039;T:<BR><BR>-it&#039;s not the code...the program runs just fine on other servers and has been checked out by several people just to be 100% sure<BR>-it&#039;s not SCRRUN.DLL as someone suggested to me once...I tried replacing and re-registering it, but nothing<BR>-it&#039;s not NTFS or IIS directory/file permissions...I&#039;ve checked, re-checked, and re-re-checked these countless times.<BR><BR>Any other possible ideas out there?<BR><BR>Two more points...<BR>I had this problem before on a server that we had installed Norton Antivirus on, but the problem vanished when Norton was taken off. This strategy didn&#039;t work on this occasion, though. Also, this client&#039;s server got absolutely ROCKED by Nimda a while back, and it was cleaned up, but they don&#039;t want to re-format despite my strong recommendation.

Default RE: Major FSO Problem

I can almost guarantee it&#039;s NIMDA related. Nimda affected a clients computer that I was working on a couple of weeks ago in strange ways, including trashing the FSO reference for 3 out of the 5 Office products loaded on it. <BR><BR>I reloaded the OS, Office, Norton and everything was good to go.