IE 6.0 Vs Netscape 4.1

Thread: IE 6.0 Vs Netscape 4.1

Default IE 6.0 Vs Netscape 4.1

Hi,<BR><BR><BR>I have got an ASP Page that has a form to be filled. After filling the form, Upon hitting SUBMIT, it inserts the record into my SQL Server database.<BR><BR>When i use IE 6.0 and browse this form it takes just 2 seconds (after javascript validation ofcourse) to insert the record in database. <BR><BR>But with Netscape 4.1 it takes like 15 to 20 seconds to insert the record into the database successfully.<BR><BR>I am very much concerned with the difference in time. I am almost sure 4.1 is not the problem. I did not have chance to test with Netscape 6.0 or later.<BR><BR>Is there any difference in the way netscape works with ADO objects. My code is something like this.<BR><BR>RS.AddNew<BR><BR>Rs.fields("fld1") = Request.form("fld1")<BR>Rs.fields("fld2") = Request.form("fld2")<BR>Rs.fields("fld3") = Request.form("fld3")<BR>Rs.fields("fld4") = Request.form("fld4")<BR><BR>Rs.Update<BR><BR>Pleas e let me know where is the problem.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Shyam.

Default RE: IE 6.0 Vs Netscape 4.1

I don&#039;t know, but I stopped making my code Netscape compatable month ago. It has lost the browser battle ever since the horrid NS6 came out.<BR><BR>In other words, I don&#039;t think you should be "very much concerned". More Info:<BR><BR>