Register and Locking! Please Help

Thread: Register and Locking! Please Help

Default Register and Locking! Please Help

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a component which I wish to distribute to my fellow colleagues however I wish to automate several features. I was hoping how I can go about doing so.<BR><BR>Automatic Registration of the component - regsvr32.exe command<BR>Automatic Security Settings - Windows NT and 2000<BR>Registration of the component - To receive updates<BR>Cd-Key Request at the beginning of installation<BR><BR>How can I also limit the component to work for a particular number of days only?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default RE: Register and Locking! Please Help

A batch file could automatically register a component:<BR><BR>regsrv32.exe MyDll.dll<BR><BR>The cd-key request could be coded in to VBS script (assuming they have the Windows Scripting Host on their systems) you can pop a prompt box, I don&#039;t think it&#039;s possible with a batch file.<BR><BR>..Or you could get the cd-key using asp on the web site then build a batch file specifically for them with their cd-key hard-coded into, they could then run this.<BR><BR>These scripts could be added to your web site, and they could run them from your server.<BR><BR>