Database Connections

Thread: Database Connections

Default Database Connections

Hi,<BR><BR>Right I am all a bit confused, so I hope you can help.<BR><BR>I have a virtual server with a MySQL Db, I can us the host providers DB admin pages to access my Db fine, although I have to use port 85, I have to use a User id and pasword to get to my Db, all fine and dandy, but I can not for the life of me get my asp pages to connect to the Db, where am I going wrong...<BR><BR>I use the following code:-<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objConn<BR> <BR> Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.Open = "Driver={mySQL};;Database=v 6mw5d8mic8r;" &_<BR> "Uid=mark;Pwd=1upt0thereds;"<BR> <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>but it returns an error of:-<BR><BR>&#039;Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a01b6&#039; <BR><BR>Object doesn&#039;t support this property or method: &#039;Open&#039; <BR><BR>/asp/database.asp, line 32 &#039;<BR><BR>The server uses Chillisoft asp, and I am wondering if this has anything to do with it..<BR><BR>Hope you can help<BR><BR>Mark<BR>

Default RE: Database Connections

Don&#039;t use the equals sign on the .Open method just use:<BR><BR>objConn.Open "Driver={mySQL};;Database=v 6mw5d8mic8r;" &_<BR>"Uid=xxxx;Pwd=xxxx;"<BR><BR>(uid and password masked, did you really mean to post them?)<BR><BR>regards,<BR><BR>Dave Kawliche<BR><BR>