Check Box Multiple Query

Thread: Check Box Multiple Query

Default Check Box Multiple Query

Here is the problem:<BR><BR>I find a record set with a query. From this record set I want to<BR>be able to compare two or more different records. This will access different fields that are not shown in the first record set. But I am getting ahead of myself.<BR><BR>I am using a form with a check box so that people can compare different records. Each record generates the following.<BR><BR> response.write "&#060;input type=checkbox name=comparison value=" & Chr(34) & primaryKey & Chr(34) & "&#062;"<BR><BR>which then passes the value of those records&#039; primaryKey to my next page when the form is submitted.<BR><BR>Since with check boxes you can chose more than one, how do you get it to select multiple records.<BR><BR>I get it to work for just one with:<BR><BR>&#039; request the query<BR>strName = request.form("comparison") <BR><BR>&#039; connect to the database<BR>blah blah blah<BR><BR>mysql="SELECT * FROM littleTester WHERE (((primaryKey)=" & strName & "))"<BR><BR>In other words, how do I get SQL to find multiple records from a form submitted with check boxes with out using CASE (there are thousands of records)?<BR><BR>thanks in advanced<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Queries

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top corner of most every page on this site, including this one.<BR><BR>Heck, this one is even the first one in that category! Hard to miss.<BR><BR>