Command line output in ASP pages

Thread: Command line output in ASP pages

Default Command line output in ASP pages

Hi,<BR>I have several dos-based command line programs that output text when i run them. For example, I&#039;m trying to use uptime.exe, which when run, says something like this:<BR><BR>C:&#062;uptime<BR>\WEBSV has been up for: 16 day(s), 19 hour(s), 57 minute(s), 55 second(s)<BR><BR>Is there any way I can get this output from an ASP page, so that its dynamically shown every time someone visits the page?<BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature of Things

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including this one.<BR><BR>Besides what the FAQs have to say about this, let me add that calling an executable from ASP is *very* expensive! You have to create a separate process, invoking that process via interprocess calls, tear down the process when it terminates, etc., etc.<BR><BR>Since this particular piece of info would be *trivial* to get with all-ASP coding, I would definitely *not* recommend doing this. Reserve calling executables for things that can&#039;t be done any other way and that are done very, very infrequently. <BR><BR>