Session Variables not working in IE 6.0 - Default

Thread: Session Variables not working in IE 6.0 - Default

Default Session Variables not working in IE 6.0 - Default

Hi, <BR><BR>I used session varaibles in my ASP pages. These ASP pages were not running in IE 6.0. I believe this is due to the use of session variables because when i comment out these session variables the pages begin to run.<BR><BR>I think this is beacuse of the default security / privacy settings (Medium).<BR><BR>When i change the the privacy settings to "allo cookies", i can run these pages again.<BR><BR>I have 2 questions: <BR><BR>1) When anybody visits my website i want to find out whether the cookies were allowed on the user&#039;s browser, if not i want to popup a message box telling that "Cookies are to be allowed for this site to run on the client machine".<BR><BR>Can anybody please help me with some sample code / reference to achieve this. <BR><BR>2)Also How do i make a "PRIVACY POLICY" to my website that can be understood by IE browsers and allow it to use session variables / cookies. <BR><BR><BR>Thanks in advance for the help, <BR>Regards, <BR>Shyam. <BR>

Default RE: Session Variables not working in IE 6.0 - Defa

Your problem is you are trying to access the client filesystem through cookies, but that ability is shut off (dumb thing to shut off, there are no security risks there, it&#039;s a control freak thing). Search this site for browser version checking code. <BR><BR>Just put a notice on your html pages before the asp pages that says they must allow cookies. that&#039;ll cover your butt.