database on a server

Thread: database on a server

Shardool Karnik Guest

Default database on a server

I am trying to connect to an access database on NT server.<BR>I am working from my computer which is a NT workstation. I am able to transfer files to the server. This is the error that I get while trying to open the database. The same code works on my Win98 machine at home. I am using a DSN-less connection. I changed the strconnect to point to the path of the Database on the server. But, this is the error that I get.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] &#039(unknown)&#039 isn&#039t a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>/fed/db_test.asp, line 26 <BR><BR>Please help me ASAP.<BR>

Joe Kimbler Guest

Default RE: database on a server

Are you designing in Visual InterDev on a Windows 95 or 98 machine? This error normally means that the path in the GLOBAL.ASA is not matching. In other words, you developed with the path to the database on your development machine to be:<BR><BR>c:databasemydata.mdb<BR><BR>...but it&#039s something different on the server. Another problem could be NT Permissions to the directory, database file, or NT share, but it&#039s more likely the path problem.<BR><BR>Try recreating the exact path to the database from your workstation to the server and put the database there. Or, do your development on the server.<BR><BR>See Microsoft knowledgebase article Q167452 for more at:<BR><BR><BR><BR>-Joe