ASP & Excel error

Thread: ASP & Excel error

Default ASP & Excel error

Hi,<BR> When I tried to run the simple script to write the xls file from ASP, I got the following error message:<BR> <BR> Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)Invalid ProgID. <BR> Actually, it&#039;s a common error, and we decided to install MS Excel onto the web server. But I still continue getting the same error. <BR> Please, help with any idea. Thank you.

Default RE: ASP & Excel error

Here is a starting point. I ran across this error a few months back and I can&#039;t remember how I solved it. That being said, the error is caused by the DSN or DSNLESS connection string and the MDAC version that is installed on the server. From what I could tell, excell uses a 3 or 4 digit number in the connection string to tell it which version of excell the *.xls file was created in. Also, if you are creating an xls file from your page, you will need to know which versions the ODBC driver on the server is able to connect to. You must then supply the correct progid (the 3 or 4 digit number) in your connection string in order to make the xls file or you get the error that you are receiving.<BR><BR>Search the different ASP sites for DSN and DSNLess connections! I am pretty sure that is how I found the information to fix the error. Check 4guys, learnasp and such.<BR><BR>Sorry that I couldn&#039;t supply the correct string, but I thought that I could point you in the correct direction!<BR>