Help... CDONTS & SMTP/IIS...

Thread: Help... CDONTS & SMTP/IIS...

Default Help... CDONTS & SMTP/IIS...

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve spent two days trying to send in vain to send a line of text through an e-mail from an ASP page. I know, everywhere I look it sounds very simple but, although I don&#039;t get any error message, no e-mail is actually sent.<BR>We have a dedicated server on which IIS 5.0 is running on a Windows 2000 OS.<BR><BR>We just want to send an e-mail to any e-mail address from a simple ASP page.<BR><BR>Is it a IIS problem? A Microsoft bug? A CDO problem? Or am I just going crazy here?<BR><BR>Any kind of help: including pointers to papers, articles would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot.<BR><BR>Vincent Leleu<BR><BR>

Default RE: Help... CDONTS & SMTP/IIS...

Hi, make sure your SMTP service is set up correctly. In your ASP page you use CDONTS to create an email, all that does is make the email file and then puts it in the drop folder that SMTP set up, after that it&#039;s up to SMTP to send the message out.<BR><BR>Try this:<BR>Set objSendMail=CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objS endMail.To=""<BR>objSendMail .Subject="Hi"<BR>objSendMail.Body="This is a test."<BR>objSendMail.Send<BR>Set objSendMail=Nothing<BR><BR>That&#039;s all you need on the ASP side, if it doesn&#039;t work it&#039;s the SMTP.