MS Access Data Access Page Question...

Thread: MS Access Data Access Page Question...

Default MS Access Data Access Page Question...

I was hoping you would be able to help me out. I created a data access page with MS Access XP that displays the results of an existing Access query. What I would like to be able to do is dynamically modify the query based on input from the user and refresh the web page. Below I listed the object and connection string that Access generates...I thought this may help. I am writing this in VBScript and do not know the commands to change the current Recordset&#039;s SQL statement and then perform a &#039;Requery&#039;. Can you please assist? Thanks!<BR><BR>-Matt Nearpass<BR><BR>&#060;OBJECT classid=CLSID:0002E553-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 id=MSODSC <BR>&#060;a:ConnectionString&#062;Provider=Microso ft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=D:InetPubwwwroot_privatefilename.mdb;Mode=S hare Deny Write;Extended Properties=&quot;&quot;;Persist Security Info=False;Jet OLEDB:System database=&quot;&quot;;Jet OLEDB:Registry Path=&quot;&quot;;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=&quot;&quot;;Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=0;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password=&quot;&quot;;Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don&#039;t Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False&#060;/a:ConnectionString&#062;<BR>

Default RE: MS Access Data Access Page Question...

Well I&#039;m not exactly sure whats going on, so my suggestion here might be way off, and if it is just ignore it. I think what you will need to do to accomplish what you are asking is to dynamically generate the OBJECT tag. That should be easy enough I would guess, just have an asp page that collects user information and then sumbit to another asp page that will take the information and generate the OBJECT tag with the user information