access query help!

Thread: access query help!

Default access query help!

hi all,<BR><BR>i have an sql statement built into my asp page that follows:<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM [ACD Data Report 4] WHERE postdate Between #" & begin_date & "# And #" & end_date & "#"<BR><BR>what i would LIKE to do is build this query into MS Access and simply call the query in the asp page. What I don&#039;t know is the appropriate syntax to do that. I&#039;ll obviously be passing two variables to the query built in access, I just don&#039;t know exactly how to do that.<BR><BR>thanks

Default why would you do that?

Just make an html page where the user enters the dates. Then just suck the form values into the variables on your asp page, execute the query, and display the results.

Default RE: access query help!

Create a query in Access like this:<BR>SELECT * FROM [ACD Data Report 4] WHERE postdate Between [A] And [B] (or anything to repalce A and B)<BR><BR>Use the same ADO interface to retrieve records from Access queries as you would any SQL stored procedures. Basically, in asp, create a command object with 2 input parameters. There are good articles on how to do this in ASPFAQs.<BR><BR>