Thread: SAVE AS

Default SAVE AS

Hi,<BR><BR>Does anybody know how to change the default directory in the Save As dialog box thru ASP code ?<BR><BR>I know how to do it in VB but is it set as the IE default in ASP ?<BR><BR>Im using:<BR>Response.ContentType = "application/csv" Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "filename=TEST.CSV;"<BR><BR>to invoke the save as dialog box.

Default Well

when you think about it for a minute, can ASP do that? <BR><BR>My anwser to you is no. Why?<BR><BR>ASP is a Server Side Technology created by Microsoft. It&#039;s first idea is to enable web programmers to create dynamic web pages. <BR>The hole idea behind asp is that it is the Server that interprets the ASP page, once finish, it send the HTML to the browser. <BR><BR>The browsers job is to take that HTML an interpret it like it use to. Now the browser itself is a piece of software that you have on your machine. You can not play around with controls inside your browser. For instance you can not create an event if the user decides to click on the BACK button, if he tries to click on the top right X button you can not trap the event that&#039;s just how things work.<BR><BR>Now, knowing that we can&#039;t play around with these menus/button from the browser --&#062;how to change the default directory in the Save As dialog box &#060;-- First of all you can&#039;t and second of all ASP doesn&#039;t/can&#039;t have anything to do with that.<BR><BR>If ever I&#039;m wrong or didn&#039;t understand the question then please show/tell me how it can be done.<BR><BR>Sincerely<BR>Vlince