FSO & sharename

Thread: FSO & sharename

Default FSO & sharename

I&#039;m working on iterating through all drives on my system and I get the following error when using the property SHARENAME. Does anyone know what I&#039;ve done wrong. I&#039;ve posted my code plus the error. <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim objdr, objfil, item, fso<BR><BR>set fso = server.createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")< BR>set objfil = fso.drives<BR><BR>for each item in objfil<BR> if item.drivetype = 3 then<BR> response.write item.driveletter & " : " & item.isready & "<BR>"<BR> if item.isready then<BR> response.write item.driveletter & " : " & item.sharename & "<BR>"<BR> else<BR> response.write "Remote Drive [" & item.driveletter & "] Isready property is false<BR>"<BR> end if<BR> end if<BR>next<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>G : False<BR>Remote Drive [G] Isready property is false<BR>H : True<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a0044&#039; <BR><BR>Device unavailable <BR><BR>/drives.asp, line 20 <BR><BR><BR><BR>Thanks, Jeff

Default RE: FSO & sharename

Looks like you are using the If condition to check for shared network drives. You could just use the drivetype property and use case for one variable and then loop through the drives. Not sure what you are trying to see here.