Thread: Err.

Default Err.

Hi there,<BR><BR>I&#039;m using the Err object to capture errors in an ASP page. (I would like to have used the ASPError object but the server rejected Server.GetLastError()....)<BR><BR>I&#039;m using ADO to enter info into a database e.g.<BR><BR>objRS.Fields("orderID")=orderID<BR><BR >After this has been done, there&#039;s a check to the Err object and if there&#039;s an error, one is given something like-<BR><BR>Number: -2147217887<BR><BR>Description: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.<BR><BR>Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers<BR><BR>Native Error: 0<BR><BR>My question? Is it possible to get more information out of the Err object with regard to this type of error? <BR><BR>At present it would seem that there is very little I could do to advert the same error from happeneing again because I&#039;d have no idea what data has caused the error.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>I.

Default ADO Error Object

Will return similar descriptions. Chances are (in your example), there are spaces or a null in your variable orderID (assuming it is a numeric variable). Try putting clng(orderid) instead.