Using mailto, checkboxes and asp

Thread: Using mailto, checkboxes and asp

Default Using mailto, checkboxes and asp

I'm building an employee database, and would like to put a checkbox next to every employee's name and allow site users to click the checkboxes of the individuals to whom they would like to send an email. The trick is I just want the email addresses to show up in the "To:" field of Outlook (or maybe even give them the option of "CC" and "Bcc") -- our office email program -- when the "Send email" button is clicked. Any help, tutorials, sample code, etc. would be much appreciated.

Default RE: Using mailto, checkboxes and asp

The way I&#039;d do it is:<BR><BR>When creating the the &#060;checkbox&#039;s&#062; I assume you&#039;re doing this dynamically so at the same time you&#039;re creating the &#060;checkbox&#062; add a "value" attribute holding the email adress of that person!<BR>For instance<BR><BR>Peter Forest &#060;input type="checkbox" name="chk..." value=""&#062;<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.< BR>.<BR>.<BR>For every names<BR><BR>The add your &#060;submit&#062; button needless to say all of this is in a &#060;form&#062;...&#060;/form&#062; using the method="post" right?<BR><BR>Now when the page is submitted retrieve the value of the checbox&#039;s and put them in an array using the split() function then from there just instanciate an object of your email COM object and send it.