ok, I wrote a bunch of scripts that all work perfect at home using my access db and personal web server (win98), or iis (w2k). now I created a dsn entry on my "real" server. I have the sql server ip and everything setup alright. but now that I have everything on the "real" server, my db connection doesn´t work.<BR><BR>here´s what one of my connections looks like. it tries to access the db (dsn=quan) on the server, open the table "questions" and read something from it.<BR><BR>---------<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>strConn ection = "DSN=quan;"<BR>strConnection = strConnection & "UID=sysad;PWD=passw;"<BR>objConn.Open strConnection<BR>strQuery = "SELECT Question FROM Questions WHERE ID = 1"<BR>Set objRS = objConn.Execute(strQuery)<BR>----------<BR><BR>I get the following error message when trying to execute this:<BR><BR>----------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e37&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name &#039Questions&#039.<BR><BR>/question1.asp, line 12 (WHICH IS THE LAST LINE OF THE ABOVE QUOTED PART OF MY SCRIPT)<BR>----------<BR><BR>so obviously, the table "Questions" can´t be found. it DOES exist, I uploaded the db several times.<BR><BR>I tried the following in order to discover what the problem is:<BR><BR>-changed username and password in script: script doesn´t execute at all, tells me that login failed for this user.<BR>-changed the dsn in my script: the script can´t find the dsn when executed.<BR>-changed the filename of the db on my webserver: script tells me that db doesn´t exist.<BR>so all these three things can´t be the source of my problems.<BR>since the script can make the connection to the db and doesn´t fail before the line where it tries to finally create this recordset with my connectionstring, I guess it´s a problem with the recordset or something.<BR><BR>thanks ahead... email me if anything is unclear: r.freund@gmx.de