Nesting the FORM Tag in HTML

Thread: Nesting the FORM Tag in HTML

Leon Leslie Guest

Default Nesting the FORM Tag in HTML

Can one nest the form tag?<BR>if not is there a way to get around it?

Kurniawan Laksmono Guest

Default RE: Nesting the FORM Tag in HTML

No, you can&#039t nest form. You might get weird behaviour if you are able to do it.<BR>To get around it:<BR>- use client side scripting.<BR>- use link with querystring.<BR>- reorganized your form.

Default RE: Nesting the FORM Tag in HTML

If I&#039m doing multiple tasks with one form, I like to do the following:<BR>&#060;form action="routeIt.asp" method="post"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT id=text1 name=blah&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="button" value="Task 1" id=button1 name=Submit&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="button" value="Task 2" id=button1 name=Submit&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT type="button" value="Task 3" id=button1 name=Submit&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>And on routeit.asp:<BR>&#060;%<BR>response.buffer=true &#039allows me to use response.redirect<BR>dim action<BR>action = request("submit")<BR><BR>if action = "Task 1" then<BR>response.redirect("task1.html")<BR>elseif action = "Task 2" then<BR>response.redirect("task2.html")<BR>elseif action = "Task 3" then<BR>response.redirect("task3.html")<BR>End if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>You have to make sure that the if condition is written EXACTLY as it appears on your buttons. It seems to be case sensitive.<BR>Let me know if this is what you were looking for, of if you have any questions.<BR><BR>Good Luck!<BR>Erick<BR><BR>