Problem deleting folders with FSO

Thread: Problem deleting folders with FSO

Default Problem deleting folders with FSO

Hello,<BR>when I delete folders I have created with CreateFolder<BR>I get a permission denied if someone has accessed that<BR>folder recently (through the web). I have to wait about<BR>two minutes before I can delete with no errors.<BR><BR>The error is:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a0046&#039;<BR>Permission denied <BR><BR>Since it works after a while I don&#039;t believe it is a permissions<BR>problem, in fact the help desk told me more than once they are ok.<BR><BR>Please help me! Thanks

Default The FSO is still hanging on... the file handle, somehow for some reason.<BR><BR>You can&#039;t delete a file or folder that&#039;s "in use", no matter what, so that lingering file handle negates the delete.<BR><BR>It *might* be a flaw in your code: You might not be closing all your FSO objects properly, so it takes a while for the garbage collector to find out that the handle isn&#039;t really in use, after all. But it could also just be the nature of the FSO beast. I can&#039;t tell from this vantage point.<BR><BR>