Problem with using the Request object and uploadin

Thread: Problem with using the Request object and uploadin

Default Problem with using the Request object and uploadin

Hi,<BR><BR>I am having a problem with using the Request object in a<BR>script that also has code being used to upload files (using a<BR>third - party component called ASP Simple Upload).<BR><BR>At the start of my script I have the line:<BR><BR>intSOPID = Request.Form("sopid")<BR><BR>This is retrieving the id value of the record that I am progressively adding data to.<BR><BR>Later after some HTML I have the ASP for uploading the file<BR><BR>Set objUpload = Server.CreateObject("ASPSimpleUpload.Upload")<BR>< BR>* If Len(objUpload.Form("upLoadFile")) &#062; 0 Then<BR> strNewFileName = "/IntranetDevelopment/lodr/sop/SOPImages/" & objUpload.ExtractFileName(objUpload.Form("upLoadFi le"))<BR> If objUpload.SaveToWeb("upLoadFile", strNewFileName) Then<BR> Response.Write("File successfully written to disk.")<BR> Else<BR> Response.Write("There was an error saving the file to disk.")<BR> End If<BR> End If<BR><BR>At the line marked * the program gives the error<BR><BR>ASPSimpleUpload.Upload error &#039;ASP 0206 : 80004005&#039; <BR><BR>Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection <BR><BR>Is there anyway around this ?<BR><BR>Kind Regards,<BR><BR>Matthew

Default RE: Problem with using the Request object and uplo

depends... I use ASPsmartUpload which allows you to access form elements as an array rather than by name e.g......<BR>theFile = MySmartUpLoad.Files.Item(1).FileName<BR> cats = mySmartUpload.Form.item(1)<BR> fileType = mySmartUpload.form.item(4)<BR><BR>check your components docs to see if it has a similar method - if not consider changing to ASPsmartupload - - it&#039;s free<BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jay