****isapi.dll and its methods

Thread: ****isapi.dll and its methods

Default ****isapi.dll and its methods

**** has a dll that handles most of its traffic, called ****isapi.dll. You see it when you view pages, or change your home phone number. But my question is, how are they able to place the action in the get query but without a variable ? for example: http://cgi.****.com/aw-cgi/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=itemnumber .... directly after the ****isapi.dll? there is the viewItem action request with no variable. I believe i can think of one way in which to do this, but would anyone else like to give their two cents ?

Default RE: ****isapi.dll and its methods

You could check to see what the action is like so:<BR><BR>If InStr(1, Request.QueryString, "ViewItem") then ...<BR>elseif InStr(1, Request.QueryString, "BuyItem") then ...<BR>...<BR><BR>That&#039;s one possibility...

Default Well, yeah, but...

Wouldn&#039;t it make a lot more sense to do:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>qs = Request.QueryString<BR>elements = Split( qs, "&" )<BR>command = elements(0)<BR>...<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Of course, they aren&#039;t using ASP, so they don&#039;t *have* the Request.QueryString collection. That is, they don&#039;t have code that allows them to do Request.Querystring("item") -- they *have* to take the querystring apart "by hand". Note that, if you want to process querystrings in client-side JavaScript, you must do exactly this same thing. One reason then JS includes the "unescape" function the decodes URLEndcoded strings!<BR><BR>