Working on an intranet site for a company with network connections of varying quality and bandwidth around the globe. Because for certain locations bandwidth is absolutely at a premium, we&#039;re paying fairly close attention to network traffic issues, and this is one of them: we&#039;re seeing a tremendous difference in download performance between files with .htm and .asp extensions. The focus, I hasten to add, is not on response time, but on network traffic generated (which of course leads to concerns over response time; but we&#039;re not focusing on the 10-20% overhead one might expect to see with ASP.dll parsing/processing, etc.) <BR><BR>Example: An 33K html file with no script, and no images -- IOW, a file with no additional "gets" to be processed -- generates 37K of network traffic (down) on the first request, but only about 6K for each subsequent refresh. (We have a sniffer on the scene to produce these figures.) The very same file, only with a .asp extension, generates the same 37K of network traffic on the first request, but that same 37K on each subsequent request.<BR><BR>The browser cache settings are "Automatic", but it appears that the browser cache is being bypassed whenever it is dealing with an ASP file. The server is set to cache 250 files, for whatever good that appears to be doing.<BR><BR>Is this the behavior I should expect -- i.e., that ASP files, because they are assumed to be dynamically generated, will push the entire page down to the browser on each and every request, or is there something I can do to prevent/manage this?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is too basic for the forum.<BR><BR>Bret Hern<BR>