Passing an XML Object from COM to ASP

Thread: Passing an XML Object from COM to ASP

Default Passing an XML Object from COM to ASP

Hey,<BR><BR>I&#039;m having trouble passing an XML Object from my COM for use in ASP.<BR><BR>If anyone ouyt there can post me some code samples or tips on how to make this go I&#039;d greatly appreciate it.<BR><BR>I&#039;m creating an XML object in my COM, filling it with nice yummy XML and then I want to pass it out to my ASP for translation there.<BR><BR>up until know I&#039;ve just been passing back strings from my COM and loading the strings into an XML object in ASP, which works fine, but I want to be able to use XML Objects all the way through.<BR><BR>thanks in advance for any thing which may help...<BR>

Default RE: Passing an XML Object from COM to ASP

I might well be wrong here, but I think you&#039;re actually better off passing the XML as a string and then rehydrating it. Passing the actual object itself will probably have a greater overhead, especially if your COM objects live on a different machine from your webserver. I guess you&#039;d have to build a prototype and do some serious load-testing to be sure..<BR><BR>Anyway, are you declaring the return object as XMLDomDocument (or whatever they&#039;re calling it this week) or as a Variant? VBScript can only handle variants...<BR><BR>Dunc