String Error

Thread: String Error

Default String Error

Hi-<BR><BR>I got this error...<BR><BR>Type mismatch: &#039;[string: ""]&#039; <BR><BR>/etimecard/login.asp, line 18 <BR><BR><BR>I cant figure it out, here is my code...<BR><BR>response.buffer = true<BR>Dim Try<BR>Try = request_equerystring("try")<BR>If Try &#062; 3 Then **********Line 18**************<BR> Encryption_String = "?try=" & Try & "&error=3strikes"<BR> Encryption_Key = mid(ReadKeyFromFile(Encryption_KeyLocation),1,Len( Encryption_String))<BR> ENCRYPTED_CYPHERTEXT = "Z=" & EnCrypt(Encryption_String)<BR> Response.Redirect "default.asp?" & ENCRYPTED_CYPHERTEXT<BR>Else<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated...<BR>Best,<BR>Jeremy#121

Default Code makes no sense...

You have the variable "Try" holding some string, and then you check to see if it a *number* that is greater than 3???<BR><BR>Well, gee, OF COURSE you get a type mismatch. VBScript is trying to figure out how to compare "zambonis rule!" with 3.<BR><BR>No, actually, it is trying to compare "" with 3. Notice the error message: It is telling you right out that the string that is causing the mismatch has the value "". <BR><BR>So maybe doing a <BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; Response.Write "Value of Try is [" & Try & "]&#060;P&#062;"<BR>right after you get Try from the function call will tell if I&#039;m right?<BR><BR><BR>