how would i so this.........

Thread: how would i so this.........

Default how would i so this.........

Hello I have a form and in side the form is a loop to build a list of messages one has in the database and a check box beside each item in the list the form is used to delete them. I named the check boxes del_1 the number changes for each item. how would i then delete the ones that are checked?<BR><BR>If you have any ideas are posiable answers for me<BR>or if you know of any other way for me to do this please reply

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Queries

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including this one.<BR><BR><BR><BR>And the "trick" is to *NOT* give each checkbox a different name.<BR>In this case, the easiest way would be to give them all the checkboxes the SAME NAME. And just put the primary key value of each record as the VALUE="..." of each field.<BR><BR>That is:<BR><BR>&#060;% Do Until RS.EOF %&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;INPUT Type=CheckBox Name="Delete" Value="&#060;% = RS("fieldThatIdentifiesRecord") %&#062;" &#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>%& #062;<BR><BR>And then follow the guidelines of that FAQ, doing a SQL DELETE instead of a SQL SELECT, else it&#039;s basically the same.<BR><BR>