IIS 5.0 and Word / FP 2000 Issue

Thread: IIS 5.0 and Word / FP 2000 Issue

Default IIS 5.0 and Word / FP 2000 Issue

Hi, something bizarre happens on machines that do not have Front Page installed. I am using IIS 5.0 and FSO to create a Word Doc on the server which a user clicks a link to view. Word opens inside the browser window and it is fine. But when you close the Word Doc, Windows installer kicks in an a tries to install Front Page. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?<BR>Can anyone answer this?<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason Buck<BR>jason@esubinc.com

Default RE: IIS 5.0 and Word / FP 2000 Issue

&nbsp;<BR>ooooo yes....I had exactly that problem, if I can only remember how it was resolved?....<BR><BR>I seem to remember it happened after our tech services team had pushed down an upgrade of IE to my PC and I think I just re-installed Front Page and the problem went away.<BR><BR>If I remember correctly I think it also affected Outlook and other 2000 apps when I tried to serach the help files.<BR><BR>Also - have you tried not opening the word doc in the browser window? Just a thought......here&#039;s a registry fix for NT and 9x windows clients.<BR><BR>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q162/0/59.ASP<BR><BR><BR>