DSN-Less Connection to DBase?

Thread: DSN-Less Connection to DBase?

Dave Bur Guest

Default DSN-Less Connection to DBase?

Help!<BR><BR>I use the following as a connection string for an Access database, and it works fine:<BR><BR>MyConn.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;" & _<BR>"DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _<BR>"DBQ=e:virtualhostsmydomain.comwwwdownloads\ " & session("uniqueID") & ".mdb"<BR><BR>I need to do the same thing for a Dbase (IV) file, but have no idea how to do it. I have tried to substitute "Microsoft DBase Driver" and ".dbf" where appropriate, but I think I might need another parameter or two. Any ideas???<BR><BR>Thanks

keithadler@hotmail.com Guest

Default RE: DSN-Less Connection to DBase?

First of all, the default MDAC install does not include a DBASE provider for OLEDB. To get to DBASE files using a provider string instead of a DSN, you&#039ll need to use the OLEDB ODBC Provider and the ODBC DBASE driver. Here&#039s an example of a string that should work fine:<BR><BR>Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=dBASE Files;Initial Catalog=C:FolderDbase.dbf

Dave Burr Guest

Default RE: DSN-Less Connection to DBase?

Keith:<BR><BR>I implemented what you gave me but I am getting the old "Data source name not found and no default driver specified " message. Here is my statement:<BR><BR>MyConn.Open "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=dBASE Files;Initial Catalog=e:virtualhostsmydomain.comwwwdownloads\" & session("uniqueID") & ".dbf"<BR><BR>Any suggestions?