Add Users

Thread: Add Users

Default Add Users

I am wndering if there is a code, where I can have people sign up on my site, and receive a POP3 email address from my server... how would I set that up,<BR>Email me with any ideas<BR><BR>Adam

Default RE: Add Users

hi,<BR>i use IMail mail server where in the server uses sql server to store the users. so i insert a new user record in this table if IMail to create new email accouts automatically.<BR><BR>i dont know whether this works for u, but what Mail Server, u use? How is the user account stored?

Default from my site...

Newemail = request.querystring("user")<BR>Set newUser = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>sqlCheck = "SELECT email FROM email WHERE email = &#039;" & Newemail & "&#039;"<BR>newUser.Open sqlCheck, myConn<BR>if newUser.eof then<BR>sqlstring = "Insert into email (email) values (&#039;" & Newemail & "&#039;)"<BR>response.write "&#060;h1&#062;Thanks!&#060;/H1&#062;"<BR>myConn.execute sqlstring<BR>set objmail=server.CreateObject("CDONTS.newmail")<BR>o bjmail.To=""<BR>"me2@hot"<BR>objmail.From= Newemail<BR>Objmail.Subject="Email addition from webzine site"<BR>objmail.Body= "Email submitted is: " & Newemail<BR>objmail.Send <BR>set objmail=Nothing<BR><BR><BR>This assumes you can use CDONTS on your server.<BR>This script checks for the existance of the email address in the DB before doing the insert.