Multiple Input Forms

Thread: Multiple Input Forms

Default Multiple Input Forms

I am trying to create multiple input forms, step 1, 2, 3, etc to keep a clean and neat format. How do you go from step 1 to step 2, etc without losing the data from the first input form? I do not want to write to a database until the last form has been completed. Any ideas? I am stumped on this one. I have tried the "GET", the "POST", and lose the data going into the next steps. Help! I can be emailed at<BR>

KPW Guest

Default RE: Multiple Input Forms

Hi,<BR><BR>This is usually how I handle the situation:<BR><BR>On the page that handles the second stage, iterate through the values in your form and put them into hidden HTML form elements.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>&#039 --- stage 2; get values from previous form and put them into hidden elements ---<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;form name="eFormStage2" method="post" action="myFormHandler.asp"&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>for each vItem in Request.Form<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="&#060;%= vItem %&#062;" value="&#060;%= Request.Form(vItem)"&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>next<BR>< BR>&#039 --- write out your other form elements ---<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Do virtually the same thing for each subsequent stage.<BR><BR>I hope this helps!