ASP & Access database

Thread: ASP & Access database

Mathias L. Jantz Guest

Default ASP & Access database

I have an ASP page connected to my Access database via an ODBC<BR>DSN. I get a<BR>"file already in use" message if I try to open the page while I have the<BR>database open, even though I do not have the database opened<BR>clusively.<BR>Does the ASP page need exclusive access?<BR>

Corin Guest

Default RE: ASP & Access database

You can&#039t have the ACCESS dB open when you are creating dB connection. Also sometimes ACCESS fails to delete the *ldb file when you close it. Check the task manager or just reboot and you should be fine

MArk Guest

I agree....sometimes the databasr *.ldb file gets corrupted and locks the database...rebooting server will fix.<BR><BR>Also, having an Access database open while making a db Connection should be no problem, as long as you don&#039t have any TABLES or QUERIES open in DESIGN Mode. Having a TABLE open in design mode locks the db to future connections.

Joe Contreras Guest

I totally agree with the others never have a table/query in design mode. Also make sure your *.ldb hasn&#039t locked the database in any case always make sure you have a backup. Sometime down the road consider to upgrade to SQL Server 7.0 or Oracle.

Robert Varner Guest

If you are running NT4.0 and IIS, you can just shut down the Web Publishing Service and restart it again. This should clear the lock on your access table.