how to refer to a window

Thread: how to refer to a window

Default how to refer to a window

I have this page (main.asp) that has an image that when clicked, opens a pop-up window. On this pop-up ia a link that when clicked opens a frameset page (overwriting this pop-up). On one of the frames in the frameset, I have a logout link that should close this pop-up and redirect the main.asp page to the login.asp page. My problem is I don&#039;t know how to refer to the main.asp page from this frame page. I can get the frame page to close when the logout link is closed, but I can&#039;t get the main page to redirect to login.asp.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.

Try that URL...<BR><BR>But...<BR><BR>An easy way to fix this would be to have the pop START OUT with a FRAMESET. Even it only has a single frame inside the frameset. <BR><BR>You load the new frameset inside the original frameset.<BR><BR>And then, from within a frame of the subordinate frameset, you can get to the original opener window via:<BR><BR>parent.parent.opener.location.href = "login.asp";<BR><BR>Or something similar.<BR><BR>