multiple requests

Thread: multiple requests

Default multiple requests

I have an sql statement that is supposed to pull up multiple requests. The problem is in my sql statement where I set my record to the requested value such as: "where ac = '" & request("ac") & "'". These two never equal each other because the requested value is layed out as two or more records, such as "one two three". I would like to be able to separate these requests but not sure how. Then my for-next loop would work correctly.

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Queries

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including this one.<BR><BR>In this case:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Now, that doesn&#039;t show you *precisely* your answer. In your case, you have only one form field but multiple values.<BR><BR>But the principle is the same:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>...<BR>values = Split( Request("ac"), " " ) &#039; split on spaces<BR>where = "" &#039; we will build the WHERE clause...<BR>delimiter = " WHERE "<BR><BR>For fnum = 0 To UBound( values )<BR> &nbsp; fval = Trim( values(fnum) )<BR> &nbsp; If ("X" & fval) &#060;&#062; "X" Then<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; &#039; one LIKE clause, for this value...<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; &#039; (of course, this could be an = test instead of LIKE)<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; where = where & delimiter & " ac LIKE &#039;%" & fval & "%&#039;"<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; &#039; change delimiter to the conjunction now!<BR> &nbsp; &nbsp; delimiter = " OR " &#039; this might be " AND " instead!<BR> &nbsp; End If<BR>Next<BR>...<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: multiple requests

learn to use and / or<BR><BR>the two fields have to = the requested items<BR><BR>Select * From Table Where onefield=&#039;This&#039; and anotherfield=&#039;somethingelse&#039;<BR><BR>eith er field can equal one of the requested items<BR><BR>Select * From Table Where onefield=&#039;This&#039; Or anotherfield=&#039;somethingelse&#039;<BR>