Printing documents from asp

Thread: Printing documents from asp

Default Printing documents from asp

Hi,<BR>I have an asp page with some functionality along with a &#039;Print&#039; button.When i open this page in a browser and click on &#039;Print&#039; i should be able to invoke and print a document(which can either be a .doc file or .gif or .txt or .html)<BR>I do not have any control on the file which i want to print.<BR>How is it possible using ASP.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>

Default RE: Printing documents from asp

You cannot directly invoke printing from ASP.<BR><BR>ASP is executed on the server, so never actually gets downloaded to the client. That&#039;s the beauty of it.<BR><BR>If you want print functionality, you need to either write an ActiveX component and convinve your users to download it. Oh yeah, and convince Netscape users to download IE.<BR><BR>The easier alternative is going to a JavaScript site and looking up some JavaScript to actually do the print for you. Lots of people ask for it, and lots of people have written functions of varying quality.<BR><BR> would be my first place to look. Maybe would be my second, along with (haven&#039;t been there in a while, but I assume it still exists).<BR><BR>Craig.