How do I pass a value from an ActiveX control

Thread: How do I pass a value from an ActiveX control

Joe Contreras Guest

Default How do I pass a value from an ActiveX control

Hi I&#039m trying to pass a value from a datepicker activeX control to a processing page. How Do I accomplish this?<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried in VBScript using "RDate = DTPICKER1.Value", but I received an error message stating object is not handle. Any ideas.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>My e-mail is jscontr@compaq.net

keithadler@hotmail.com Guest

Default RE: How do I pass a value from an ActiveX control

First of all, remember that the value of the Date Time Picker is only accessible from the client side. You would access it by setting a variable either in VBScript or JavaScript by referencing DTPicker1.Value client-side. DTPicker1 being the default name given to the Date Time Picker when it is first put on your page.<BR><BR>By the way ... you should use VBScript and ActiveX controls only when you are sure that only Internet Explorer users will be at your site.

Joe Contreras Guest

I did get the Variable to work eg.<BR>&#060;script LANGUAGE="vbscript"&#062;<BR>RDate = Me.DTPicker1.Value<BR>Alert ("This is: " & RDate) -- This works however when trying to pass this value to a processing page the variable is empty.<BR><BR>Processing page<BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>RequestDate = Request.Form("RDate")%&#062; This is empty<BR>Is this part acceptable and how do I pass the activeX value if this isn&#039t acceptable.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Richard Burton Guest

Use Hidden Objects to contain the values then when pasting the form use the post method. Request.form("objName").<BR>-Richard Burton