Thread: Insert

Default Insert

I am currently trying to insert &#039;strings&#039; and integers from a form into a database. I continue to get this error message:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression. <BR><BR>here is my sql statement:<BR>INSERT INTO Document (DocNum, FileName, DocDescr, Author, Active, OldClause, OrigDept, Rev, DocTier) Values(&#039;EP 4.000&#039;, &#039;G:InetPubwwwrootspqadocsspekevin1.txt&#039;, &#039;Product Development Procedure&#039;,&#039;Tom Pouchot&#039;,&#039;Released&#039;,7,&#039;CB Design Engineering&#039;,6,&#039;Form&#039;) <BR><BR>I am trying to use this code for one form request:<BR>&#060;%Response.Write Upload.Form("Rev")<BR>Rev = Replace(Upload.Form("Rev"),"&#039;","&#039;&#039;" )%&#062;<BR><BR>I&#039;m not sure what this code does or why I have to use it....??

Default RE: Insert

Go into your database program and make sure that you have each field set to the correct data type. That code is for replacing the apostrophes with two apostrophes, which asp wont muck up. See how you use the apostrophes in your sql? Thats so that doesnt mess up. That response.write upload.form("rev") is completely unecessary though.

Default Actual problem is here!!

You are trying to insert "10" values in "9" fields in the database, check the number of fields in the INSERT statement and then check the number of values you are trying to insert, though I think it should have given the error as something like "wrong number of arguments..."<BR>well thats what I think could be the error, did I count the numbers right ? :)