Browser Hawk 5.01!!!!

Thread: Browser Hawk 5.01!!!!

Default Browser Hawk 5.01!!!!

I am really excited to be with a host that is already using Browser Hawk Enterprise 5.01!!<BR><BR>I use objHawk to on my website<BR><BR>I have used Browser Hawk to check for XML support pretty easily.<BR><BR>I also use it to check for Java Applet support on a couple pages.<BR><BR>MY QUESTION/PROBLEM:<BR><BR>When I tried to use the dialup /dsl etc detection I get a sort of page reloading followed by a ?bhkbps=148491 appended to the end of the URL.<BR>Search engines can penalize me for this.<BR>How can this be avoided if at all?<BR><BR>I am going to make the speed detection active now if you could please look at this for me and offer a solution.<BR><BR>If you look at the homepage I have a menu at the top I will eventually load only for high-speed visitors.<BR><BR>My code is pretty direct. I load the objHawk object at the top of every page and clean up at the bottom.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objHawk = Server.CreateObject("cyScape.browserObj")<BR>objHa wk.SpeedDetector<BR><BR>If objHawk.ConnectionSpeed &#062; 100000 Then<BR>Response.Write(objWM.GenerateWebMenu(0))<B R>Else<BR>Response.Write "HTML OUTPUT"<BR>End If<BR><BR>Set objHawk = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Can you help?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Daniel Acuff<BR>

Default RE: Browser Hawk 5.01!!!!

Daniel,<BR> The browserhawk object actually runs some javascript and asp type code behind the scenes, and returns them via the querystring, so there really is no way to avoid this. Although you could try to do some kind of check to see if the querystring has a value, then take action from there, although, I&#039;m not sure if you can get around this.<BR><BR>mj