More of a SQL Server question...

Thread: More of a SQL Server question...

Default More of a SQL Server question...

But I thought I would bring it to the pros (YOU!). Anyways, enuf of the *** kissing.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve got a site on which people post some products for sale. On this post they have a time period of how long they want it to be posted. This is calculated and a date of EndDate goes into my SQL database.<BR><BR>I also have a field Active (1 or 0). Once the EndDate is equal to todays date, how can I get this Active field to change from 1 to 0.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help, this is my first time working with SQL Server (2000 btw).

Default RE: More of a SQL Server question...

Why do you need to hold an Active yes/no field at all?<BR><BR>You can always tell what is active by simply selecting records with an EndDate Later than today.<BR><BR>Save your database the effort of maintaining an extra field.

Default but if you MUST ...

If you must set the active field then look up "Jobs" and "SQL Agent" in BoL.<BR><BR>The agent must be running to allow you schedule jobs; but then the agent will be running so that your automatic db backups happen (you are backing up aren&#039;t you :-)