Catastrophic Failure

Thread: Catastrophic Failure

Default Catastrophic Failure

I had some asp pages up and running, now I keep getting:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 8000ffff&#039 <BR><BR>Catastrophic failure <BR><BR>/diary.asp, line 8 <BR><BR>when I try to call them up. What have I done?? Line 8 in this case is referring to my connection string:<BR><BR>my_Conn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=h:inetpubwwwrootdiary.mdb"<BR><BR>I have a system "diary" dsn specified in ODBC, and the path is correct.<BR><BR>If anyone can offer me any guidance whatsoever...thanks in advance.

Monroe Guest

Default RE: Catastrophic Failure

mike, <BR><BR>did you ever find the source for your error. i have been experiences the same type of problem. let me know if you did, thanks.

Default RE: Catastrophic Failure (Monroe)

No, still the same problem. I&#039m not sure if changes to my system may have caused it, and if they did, I&#039m not sure which of the changes.<BR>- I did reset permissions on many of my drives for security reasons.<BR>- I also shifted some partitions around creating a new partition solely for Inetpub.<BR>- The system DSN&#039s were wiped and recreated to reflect file location changes.<BR>- I reset IIS to point to the new file locations<BR>- ASP code was redone to point to the new DB&#039s<BR><BR>Does any of this sound similar to your situation?<BR>Did I miss or forget to do something?