ftp on IIS

Thread: ftp on IIS

Default ftp on IIS

can anyone tell me how do I setup FTP server on my IIS?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Default RE: ftp on IIS

Enter MMC (Microsoft Management Console) for IIS. Right-Click on the FTP Site icon. Goto Properties. <BR><BR>Give it a name... or leave it to "default". The IP address should be set by default, and the TCP Port to 21 (standard FTP post number). <BR><BR>Next goto the Security Accounts Tab. You can either allow anonymous FTP Access, or you can allow selected people into your FTP (you perform this with your admin User & Password feature in the control panel. <BR><BR>The Messages Tab, allows you to greet the user, etc.. self explanatory.<BR><BR>The Home Directory tab is also pretty simple, you can define WHERE on your hard drive you want the users to be placed by default... or even on another PC. You can also define the Read/Write permissions for the directory. <BR><BR>Finally, the Directory Security allows you to block certain IPs.<BR><BR>Hope this kinda helped you, try this simple link for more info, or just search google, or post back here =)<BR><BR>http://w3.one.net/~hamilte/webworkshop/create_web_accounts_on_NT.html<BR><BR>Regards, <BR><BR>Vadim C.